Pages

SAY NO

Just say no.

This sounds easier than it seams. I started this blog for little than over a week now and once I had the realisation that using so much plastic is so wrong I cannot go back. From one day to the other I have a total aversion to plastic packaging.

Once I started to notice, I see plastic packaging everywhere. There is something that I do not understand though. When I walk into Marqt, (this is a healthy/ eco friendly supermarket in Amsterdam) I see so much plastic! It is not my thing to get irritated very quickly. But in this case I just cannot wrap my head around the fact that the sell so many good and healthy products and then totally forget about the packaging. It just doesn't make sense.

It is like doing things half. It is such a letdown that they sell really good vegetable juices but they sell them in plastic bottles. Since I am aware of this I simply cannot buy the juices anymore. This is easy for me to say. I am not judging the supermarkt who does this, because just a few weeks before I was buying these juices myself and I was enjoying them very much.

But now, all I can see is the plastic bottle. 

This bottle is produced to hold the juice for not more then 3 days and then it will be tossed away. It will take more than 10 years for the plastic bottle to decay.

I also noticed that they do sell yoghurt in glass pots (yeah!) but there is no money depost on them. So if you do not seperating your waste. The glass will be tossed away anyway. At this moment I do not know what to do. What would you do?

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram