Pages

DIY DEODORANT


I am making my own deodorant for a little bit longer than a year now.

It is super easy and a perfect alternative for the regular deodorant that you can buy in the shop. I personally didn't want to use regular deodorant anymore, simply because it wasn't working. I have tried out several ones and the smell of my sweat seamed to win it every time. 

So you can imagine I was DESPERATE to find something that worked and was not harming my body. I am still in the experimental fase as in trying different smells using different essential oils. 

The ingredients for the deodorant that I made are:

- 1 tablespoon of Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil.
- 1 tablespoon of Corn Starch
- 1 tablespoon of Baking Soda
- 1/2 tablespoon of She Butter
- 8 drops of an Essential oil of your choice. 

I chose 4 drops of tea tree oil, because Tea tree oil is known for its topical antiseptic, anti-fungal treatment and infection-reducing benefits and it just smells very fresh. And 6 drops of Sandalwood. I just love the spicy, woody smell of sandalwood and it is also known for its anti -septic powers. 

This time I added Shea Butter to the recipe, just to try it out. You can definitely make this without the Shea Butter. I live in a quite cold climate and I found the recipe without the shea butter a bit hard to smear.  It is all about trial and error and enjoying the experiment:)

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram