Pages

10 KG OF WASTE PER WEEK!

Where do I start? I decided to make more conscious choices in my life. And not only on one part of my live, but I want to implement this into EVERYTHING that I do.

My final goal is to go "zero waste" and on top of that I want to encourage other people to do the same. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the idea that the world is so big and I am just 1 person in it. What difference will it make what I do? I am such a small individual in the bigger picture, so why shall I do it? Who doesn't recognise this feeling?

I realised that maybe I wil never figure this out entirely so I want to start today by making small changes in my life. Step by step and stop worrying about what difference it will make.

I believe that one person can make a difference! But first things first. I will start by researching how much waste I actually produce. If I google how much waste the average (Dutch) person produces per week I get only results from 1999! I wonder immediately, there surely must be more recent figures known!? But nothing came up.

The results (from 1999) are at least 10 Kilos of waste per person per week. That is quite something! Now I know pretty much the average I need to find out where my personal waste actually consists of.

Don't worry, I am not going to open my trashbag to see what kind of waste I produce.  So starting from today I am going to collect all the waste that I produce day by day and photgraph it. I have to get a visual idea of what I am talking about. This is a crazy idea when I start to think about it. Who on the earth is photographing their waste?

I'm going to do it. I start today.



Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram